Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Encinitas Ranch, San Diego

Encinitas Ranch (San Diego)
1275 Quail Gardens Dr
Encinitas, CA 92024

Green tees:
6220 Yards
124 Slope
69.8 Course Rating

Public golf course.

I played green tees (HCP 10-18). The back nine is tougher than the front nine. The front nine has a lot of width to hit your driver. I remember that I ended up atleast thrice in the bunker (there are lots of strategically placed bunkers to avoid).

Hole 16 starts with a blind shot - very exciting, I made it to the green in 3.
Hole 17 was the toughest for me.

There are atleast 3 bridges over 50feet deep roads/valleys - exciting.
The back nine has glorious ocean views; we played during the evening and viewed the sinking sun. The course is probably on the highest elevation in Encinitas so one can play late until past sunset.

Houses surround most holes, I envied dozens of homes that must have a great view.

Main homepage:
http://www.jcgolf.com/encinitas_course.htm

Virtual tour:
http://www.jcgolf.com/vr/encinitas/1037409t.htm

The course reminded me of Callippe in Pleasanton - there are lots of wavy fairways - creating a challenge with tough lies.

Sorry, no photos - I forgot my phone in the car.

No comments: